Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question that’s not answered here? Put it in the comments below, or email me.
- How do I access or download the book?
- Is there an educational discount?
- How do I cancel my subscription?
- I’m in China, can I pay with WePay or Alipay?
- What are these ‘overview prototypes’?
- How many pages is the ePub?
- I bought an earlier edition. How do I update?
- How do I get the book on my iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch?
- Can I read the ePub on a Windows or Linux computer?
There is no file to download, all the Framer X book content is on this website.
When you signed up for an subscription you gained access. An account was created for you and you’re automatically logged in (a default password was sent to your email).
When logged out you’ll see that most pages in the Framer X book are not public (they’ll have a before their name in the side menu).
Go to your Subscriptions page…
… and click the «Cancel» button. It will ask for a confirmation.
The status of your subscription will change to ‘Pending Cancellation’ and you’ll still have access until the end of the period you paid for.
I’ve looked into it, but it doesn’t seem possible.
- WeChat Pay: The payment processors I’m using, Stripe and Paypal, don’t accept it.
- Alipay: Stripe accepts it, but only when the currency of the webshop is the same as its location’s. I’m selling in USD but located in Europe, so Alipay payments don’t work.
These iPad-sized prototypes show when individual events are triggered or have sliders with which you can tweak different properties and settings.
They make it easier to understand what, for example, ‘originX’ does because you can change it together with ‘rotation’ and see the result.
It’s an ebook, so the amount of pages is variable, but it comes down to 1200 pages in the default text size in Apple Books on Mac.
The latest edition will be waiting in your Gumroad library.
Don’t have a Gumroad account? Create one with the email address you used to purchase the book. The book will be there.
You do have an account, but the book is not in your library? Send me your email address; I’ll resend the receipt so you can add it.
To transfer the book: Connect your iDevice to your Mac, select the book in iTunes, and press ‘Sync’. The book’s read location will sync automatically between devices.
It’s a standard ePub 3 file, so it’s perfectly readable. The layout might seem a bit different though, because I formatted it for Apple Books.